We are accepting Internship Applications
Community Development Internship
JONESBORO, GA / / P A R T -T I M E
Project Real Life Y.O.T.C. is a community development corporation offering an internship opportunity to motivated individuals with a passion for metro Atlanta. The internship runs during corresponding academic semesters and applications are currently being accepted for consideration for Summer 2022 (June - August) and Fall 2022 (September - December). Interns must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week.
This is an unpaid internship. We’re looking to fill 2 positions.
The Intern will have an opportunity to develop a broad range of skills working in a nonprofit, community development setting while gaining hands-on experience working on strategic planning, program implementation and research. In order to get a full understanding of holistic community development the intern will fully participate in all aspects of the Project Real Life’s development work including volunteer recruitment, economic development research, special event planning and community relations.
• Support the development and planning of projects and events
• Attend Staff Meetings
• Provide support of various team members
• Communicating with various stakeholders
• Organizing online database
• Attend community meetings and events as needed
• Help with maintaining inventory and supplies
• Excellent communication skills
• Very self-motivated, can work independently
• Strong evidence of organizational abilities
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to meet deadlines
• Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program with a focus on community development, urban planning, human services or related field
• Demonstrate an interest in community development
• Experience in community outreach
About Project Real Life Y.O.T.C.:
At Project Real Life, our mission is to deconstruct the stigmas associated with “at risk,” “low income,” or “disadvantaged” communities by providing practical and transformative programming and academic services that yield sustainable personal growth and measurable change. Our end goal is to work alongside as a catalyst that aids communities to flourish socially, educationally, and economically.
Since 1993, we have focused on rehabilitation of delinquent youth, mentoring of children and teens and the strengthening of families in the community. Our goal is to promote economic improvement and the empowerment of our citizens through vital human services & programming.
For more information call 770-309-3010 or email email@example.com.
Click the button above for an application. Please complete the application fully and return it via email.